When a deviation in our health occurs be it in sickness or diseases, there is a massive awakens to search for adequate knowledge on how to treat, prevent and take proper care of ourselves much better. Aside proper consultation from some medical personnel, good knowledge of some readily available natural alternatives that exist to keep yourself going isn’t a bad idea. This can be termed “natural first-aid treatment” as they help you get your body fit before professional medical advice.
Now let’s have a look at some of the natural remedies
Garlic appears to be one of the most common and readily available natural medicine. It is-well-known-for its anti-oxidant properties which tend to protect the body and cells from free radicals capable of causing chronic diseases as cancer, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, and cataracts. It also possesses the ability to reduce the cholesterol level in the body thereby reducing heart attack as well as reducing body blood pressure which lowers the rate of Cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes which are the world’s biggest killer’s diseases.
Other benefits of garlic are:
· Highly nutritious; it possesses vitamins and minerals like manganese, vitamin B6, Vitamin C, selenium, fiber, copper, etc. is the good amount.
· Its supplement can be used the boost-the-immune-system function is in fighting sickness like a common cold.
· It can help to reduce aging as well as Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia through its anti-oxidant properties.
· Improve athletic performance of the body
· Detoxify heavy metals within the body.
· Improve bone health.
Henceforth, you might want to consider adding garlic to your food because aside from these health benefits, it is simply delicious.
Like its garlic counterpart, ginger is also widely known for its health benefits. Its contains Gingerol which has powerful medicinal properties. This gingerol, the active ingredient in ginger has high anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which helps in treating inflammation and swelling in the body
Some of the benefits of ginger include:
· It is-very-effective-against nausea and early morning sickness for pregnant women.
· Effective against muscle pain and soreness.
· Helps in the treatment of osteoarthritis (degeneration of the joints which causes joint pain and stiffness).
· Lowering of blood sugar level as well as improve heart disease risk factor
· Its speed up digestion rate thereby reducing the risk of having chronic indigestion which causes pain and discomfort in the upper part of the stomach.
· Reduces menstrual pain that occurs during menstruation.
· Lower body cholesterol level and reduces cancer rate through its anti-oxidant properties.
Cinnamon is also a natural spice known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting properties as well as its potential cancer and heart disease-protecting abilities. It is well rich in numerous vitamins and minerals.
Some health benefits of cinnamon include:
· Reduction of high blood pressure
· Fights diabetics
· Reduction of oxidants activity capable of causing cancer due to its anti-oxidant abilities.
· Its defends against cognitive decline and protect the brain function.
· Fight infections and virus
· Helps with dental health as well as keeping the breath as fresh as possible
· Helps fight allergies
Peppermint is a known herb often used in the production of tea. Its aids digestion through the body clears the respiratory tract off as well as reducing weight loss and fight the fever.
Some health benefits of peppermint include:
· Hasten digestion
· Treat asthma
· Aids breastfeeding
· Reduces fatigue
· Improves skin appearance
· Prevents memory loss
· Improves sterility
· Improve dental freshness
Chamomile contains string anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic properties that help to calms-the-nerves, helps-children-sleep-better, and-reduces inflammation-or-fever. If you are considering taking a rest then a Chamomile tea won’t be a bad idea.
Some health benefits of chamomile include:
· Aids relaxation, sleep and treats insomnia.
· Boosts immunity through its ability to fight bacteria
· Effective against cold
· Helps to treat pain and muscles spasms as well as menstrual pain
· Reduces stomach ache
· Reduces stress, aging and lightens up the skin
Elderberry is known for its ability to improve colds, flu, nerve pain, inflammation, fatigues allergy, etc. it contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Some health benefits of elderberry include:
· Relief from cold and flu due to its anthocyanidins properties.
· Prevents infections and virus
· Reduces blood sugar
· Improves skin health
· Prevents allergic reaction
· Can prevent cancer
Whether you use it in your tea, wine, juice, liquid or powder form, you are sure to get these benefits.
Nettle leaf contains high number of-vitamins-and-trace minerals that help to body-stay hydrated-and fight toxins
Some health benefits of nettle leaf include:
· Improves hair growth
· Aids body hydration
· Helps to treat kidney and urinary tract disorders, etc.
· Reduces bleeding
· Prevents diarrhoea
In your search/ desire to stay as healthy as possible. Utilizing the inherent power of these natural alternative medical remedies would do you a whole lot of good